If you are a resident of Polk County, you may be eligible for a scholarship and tuition assistance up to $7,500!
Primary goal is to help individuals obtain credentials that lead to high demand occupations and emerging industries.
• Any person who is currently unemployed; or
• Any person who has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment; or
• Any employed person whose family income is less than Polk County’s self- sufficiency rate.
• Participants must be at least 18 years old
• Certified Phlebotomy Technician (1 month)
• Health Services Administration (4 months)
• Hospitality Management (4 months)
• Retail Management (4 months)
• Paralegal (4 months)
• Nursing RN-BSN (12 months)
• Apply to FIC
• Attend WIOA orientation (PDF)
• Schedule an appointment with a Customer Service Specialist
• Meet with Customer Service Specialist to determine your eligibility
• Take the TABE and CareerScope Assessment test (if required)
• Meet with a Career Specialist to determine your eligibility for the program and create your individualized employment plan
• Start class at FIC